Gone too Soon - Memorial Fundraiser
|Start Time: ||February 07, 2018 - 06:00 PM|
|End Time: ||December 31, 2018 - 11:00 PM|
On January 4th, 2015, our family circle was broken and lives changed forever when our beloved son, brother, nephew and friend, Rory McCann, passed away from an accidental Fentanyl drug overdose at the age of 19.
He had been battling addiction for a couple of years and despite all the love, support and help offered, he could not remain in sobriety. Fentanyl was not a drug he would have knowingly used but it was the one that took his life. Rory was an adventurous loving young man who was loved by many. He was a shining light in our lives and in those he met.
In an effort to prevent other families from experiencing the overwhelming sense of loss and anguish we feel, we have committed to have something positive come out of this tragedy.
By sharing Rory’s story this past year we have been able to put a face to, and focus on, the dangers of Fentanyl and the disease called addiction. We also see the need to address a drastic shortage of support services for addicts seeking help, such as access to detox facilities.
Any donation you or your company may be able to provide to this fundraiser would be graciously accepted. All proceeds from this event will go to Calgary Health Trust where they will be directed to Addictions and Mental Health priorities in Calgary.
Thank you for your support, we greatly appreciate it, and together we will make a difference!
Sparla, Kelly, Tasson and Conor McCann
Watch News Hour Calgary's story on Rory and the addictivness of Fentanyl: